Virta uses nutritional ketosis to naturally lower blood sugar and turn the body into a fat-burning machine. There is no surgery, required exercise, or calorie counting on Virta.
With Virta’s personalized treatment plan, each patient gets medical supervision from a physician-led care team, a one-on-one health coach, diabetes testing supplies, educational tools like videos and recipes, and a private online support community.
Virta provides around-the-clock monitoring and care—there are no waiting rooms and no lines. With an easy-to-use mobile and desktop app, Virta can be done from anywhere.
What you get:
- Virtual medical care from a physician-led team
- Unlimited one-on-one health coaching
- Supplies like a scale, meter, and testing strips, delivered right to your door
- Practical resources like recipes, food lists, and meal plans
- Access to a private online patient community
Virta is available to Truist teammates, spouses/domestic partners, and dependents between the ages of 18 and 79 who are enrolled in a Truist health plan through Aetna or Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina. Eligible participants needs to be diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, prediabetes, or have a BMI of 30 or greater. Teammates with some specific, serious medical conditions may not be eligible Virta.