Truist extends benefits coverage for generic and brand-name medications.
Pharmacy benefits carriers
- Pharmacy benefits are available through BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) and Aetna Plan Pharmacy benefits. Kaiser Permanente has its own exclusive Pharmacy benefits.
- Aetna and Kaiser Plans are only available in certain areas, so please refer to your enrollment options in Workday to see if you live within a service area for these medical plans.
Prescription drug tiers
Certain preventive medications are covered at 100% with no deductible required. In addition to preventive medications, there are five benefit tiers for prescription drugs:
- Tiers 1 & 2 – Generally contains generic drugs that are cost effective alternatives to brand name drugs
- Tier 3 – Generally contains preferred brand name drugs that are chosen for their clinical value and cost effectiveness
- Tier 4 – Generally contains non-preferred brand drugs
- Tier 5 –Specialty drugs, such as gene therapies and biotechnological medications, and consists of the highest-cost prescription medications
|Type||$500 PPO Plan
$250 PPO Plan
|$2,000 HDHP Plan||$4,500 HDHP Plan|
|Retail||100% after $10 copay (Tiers 1 & 2), $30 (Tier 3), $70 (Tier 4), 80% coinsurance minimum $50/maximum $150 (Tier 5)||80% coinsurance after deductible at the pharmacy, no coverage out-of-network||70% coinsurance after deductible at the pharmacy, no coverage out-of-network|
|Mail Order||2x applicable copay for 90 day supply||80% coinsurance after deductible at the pharmacy, no coverage out-of-network||70% coinsurance after deductible at the pharmacy, no coverage out-of-network|
Scripta: Prescription drugs savings
Teammates have access to Scripta, a new benefit that helps you save money.
- Your prescriptions at the lowest cost: Scripta searches for the best prices to help you and your doctor choose the medications best for you.
- Monthly savings reports: Scripta creates monthly, personalized savings reports that list lower-priced drug options and savings strategies. The suggested alternatives treat the same medical conditions as the medications you’re already taking.
- A helpful tool to discuss with your doctor: Doctors usually don’t know how much your medications cost. Scripta gives you and your doctor information to help decide which drugs are best for your health and your wallet.