When you're hurt, in the hospital, or critically ill, you can get financial help beyond what your medical plan pays for your care.
Each benefit plan below pays you cash when you or a covered dependent experiences a covered illness, accident, or hospital stay.
Use your payment in any way you choose: medical expenses, mortgage payments, transportation, household help, etc.
You can cover your spouse/domestic partner and dependent children, too.
Additionally, the accident and critical illness plans include one wellness test each year.
Wellness test benefit
How to make a claim
- Pays a benefit for a wide variety of services, such as ambulance, emergency room treatment and hospitalization.
- The amount you receive depends on your treatment and injuries.
Critical illness insurance
- Helps offset the financial effects of a critical illness, such as cancer, heart attack or stroke.
- You choose your coverage amount:
- Employee – From $10,000 up to $50,000 in increments of $5,000.
- Spouse/Domestic Partner – 50% of employee coverage amount.
- Child – 100% of employee coverage amount. Children are automatically included with employee coverage.
Hospital indemnity plan
- Pays a benefit in the event of hospitalization, and in some cases, for treatment received for an accident or sickness.
- Pays $500 per covered person per year for hospital admission and $100 per day for a stay, up to 365 days.
- Additional payments are based on the length of time you are hospitalized and the level of care required.